"You have liberated me from a lifetime fear. I have had Cognitive Behavioural
Therapy, but it did not come anywhere near close to what happened today. Its hard
to believe that I stroked those dogs"
"I did not think my fear of dogs would be resolved in one training session!
I believe this was possible through the excellent interpersonal skills and
friendliness of the trainers"
"I stroked a Rottweiler!!"
Our specialist ‘Keeping you safe around dogs at work’ workshops are tailored to professionals who encounter dogs as a part of their working day.
Whether you are part of the postal service, social services, a telephone engineer or a refuse collector, our courses can be commissioned to suit your individual requirements focussing on various areas of dog safety and management.
In the first instance please contact us for further details
and to discuss your specific needs.
Many people working in the public sector have to undertake home visits within
the course of their work to households which have dogs, giving them cause for
concern. This can, in turn, affect potential relationship building with clients
and any possible positive outcome from the meeting.
DogSEE offer full day workshops which aim to give you knowledge,
techniques and skills to manage dog encounters with confidence whatever the business
or however long the duration of your stay.
- Learn how to read various elements of a dogs body language and recognise the communication signals that they are giving you
- Learn some simple techniques for keeping yourself comfortable and safe, especially when feeling intimidated
- Understand how best to get to know a dog and avoid canine communication faux pas
- Practice safe meeting and greeting techniques with real dogs
- Explore how to use the family dog to help build a rapport with your clients
- Learn how to feel calm. confident and empowered to manage dogs belonging to others
- Receive points of contact for any future experiences with dogs that may be causing concern for you or your team